Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Goodbye 2013

2013 was a wonderful year: my kids are in a very fun age (when is not a fun age?), my work as a patent agent has been going well, and I have been on this amazing quilting and sewing journey, learning and sharing with all of you.   I started this blog in September 2013 and have been having a blast meeting all sorts of wonderful quilty friends!

2013 was the first full year of quilting for me, so I wanted to put together some mosaics to highlight some finishes (some of the finishes here are pre-blog so they have not been seen before but I will try to blog about some older 2013 finishes in the next few weeks).

My quilt finishes:
 


My little finishes (bags, doll quilts, mug rugs, etc):
 

I also released eight patterns in 2013:
 


 
So what is up for 2014? 

As a newer quilter, I have allowed myself to buy tons a decent amount of fabric to build up a stash.  I think that my stash is at the point where I have a nice selection of colors and prints.  I am not going to go on a fabric diet next year, but I am going to be more selective in the fabric I purchase focusing on purchasing fabric for a specific quilt or other purpose rather than anything that catches my eye.

I hope to release a bunch of new patterns in 2014 (I already have three in various stages of construction - let me know if you would like to pattern test, I am always looking for great testers), submit some patterns to magazines, and join at least one swap, quilt-a-long, challenge, and/or quilting bee.

I think that 2014 is going to be an amazing year, thank you all so much for joining in the journey with me!


1 comment:

  1. 2014 is turning out to be an amazing year! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!