Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cute Swap

I have been following Soma's blog Whims and Fancies for a long time.  If you don't follow her blog, you should go check it out right now, she is an absolutely amazing paper piece designer having designed some awesome instruments like a piano and a bunch of Doctor Who designs.  Go on now, I'll wait here while you visit her blog :)

I was very excited to see Soma commenting on a post of mine one day.  We got to e-mailing and realized that we have some very similar fabric and color preferences and decided to have a little swap.

I sent Soma a matching cathedral window pincushion and thread catcher using Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander (for Robert Kaufman) and Essex linen in black.


And here are the wonderful goodies I received back.  Soma made me this wonderful zipper pouch and snap pouch.  They are both living in my purse right now and I have already gotten so many compliments on them. (I really needed a zipper pouch and had it on my list of things to make, but like most just-for-me things it had been pushed to the bottom of the to-do list.)



I had such fun with the swap, thank you so much again Soma!


2 comments:

  1. Aren't personal swaps great? Love the goodies you made for Soma and the sweet pouches she made you. I'm crushing on the combination of Architextures with Essex linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Cheryl!! I am so happy that you liked the pouches. I had the most wonderful time doing this swap with you, I start my mornings looking at the beautiful thread catcher and the pincushion on my desk :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!